• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ymakerpi8d

ymakerpi8d

Ah! I advance

• Soldier
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

The hosting job is once again available. I repeat, the hosting job is once again available.Welcome to the Pick Six newsletter where we usually talk about football, but we're opening with the job. Now that the job is open again, the biggest winners in the country are the , and . I mean, let's be honest, retiring and taking the job is the only way one of those team will be able to win the NFC North this year. Basically, every Vikings, Lions and Bears fan in America should be writing letters to Sony and demanding that they hire Rodgers to take the job.Anyway, we have a jam-packed newsletter today, so let's get to the rundown.As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the Pick Six newsletter. To get your friends to sign up, all you have to do is with them. 1. Today's show: Analytics-based projections for the AFC West and NFC WestIt's officially "Nerd Week" on the Pick Six podcast, which is our way of saying this is the week where we bring people on the show who are smarter than us. For today's show, Will Brinson was joined by Larry Nikola Jokic Jersey Hartstein of SportsLine.com and the two took a deep dive into the AFC and NFC West. Using analytical data, they made predictions on the win totals for each team in both divisions and they also tried to figure out how each division will play out. AFC WESTThe one team we're going to focus on here is the . Las Vegas has an over/under of seven and if you listen to this podcast regularly, then you already know that Brinson is taking the under (Brinson is a noted Raiders hater). Hartstein is also taking the under, but it's not because he dislikes the Raiders, he just doesn't think the Las Vegas is going to be able to overcome two key problems: Their defense and their depleted Greg Whittington Jersey offensive line."Overall, this defense has not done enough to really get better compared to last year ," Hartstein said. "I think the biggest concern is -- had an amazing year last year, but his O-line is pretty much gone. I mean, is gone, is gone. Rookie , he was blocking the wrong guys in the first preseason game and he was getting stood up in the run game."For what it's worth, I actually disagree with these two: I'll be taking the over on the Raiders and I'm not just doing it to spite Brinson. The Raiders won eight games last year even though their defense was horrible and they have a much easier schedule in 2021 with games against the and the entire NFC East. If they go just 3-2 in those five games and 3-3 in the division (they went 4-2 last year), that gets them to six wins. At that point, they'd have six other games to pick up two wins and I think they can do that (Their opponents in the six other games are: the , , , , Bears and ). If they go just 1-5 in those six games, you get a push. NFC WESTAs for the NFC West, we're going to focus on the here Markus Howard Jersey . San Francisco has an over/under of 10.5, but despite that high number, both guys like the over. Hartstein especially loves the addition of , who will be reuniting with Kyle Shanahan for the third time (They were previously together in Cleveland and Atlanta)."I love the 49ers. Injury luck cannot be as bad it was last year. They were absolutely decimated," Hartstein said. "Alex Mack. This one guy changes an entire offense and the Kyle Shanahan history with them. When they were in Atlanta, they had the best offense in football."The two guys also noted that Mack had some serious succe s in Cleveland in 2014 before he was lost for the season due to an injury. Brinson actually likes the 49ers so much that he's thinking about making them his NFC SUPER BOWL PICK this year. My problem with the 49ers is that they have the worst QB situation in the division and because of that, I don't think they'll have enough firepower to get to the Super Bowl ( might eventually be awesome, but for 2021, I'd take , or over Lance or ). How do Brinson and Hartstein feel about the other NFC West teams? You'll have to listen to find out.To listen to today's episode -- and to subscribe to the best daily NFL podcast out there -- . 2. Biggest takeaways from ' win over The best get-rich-quick scheme going right now is betting against the NFC East in the preseason. Thanks to the Patriots' 35-0 win over the Eagles on Thursday, the NFC Facundo Campazzo Jersey East is now 0-6. The good news for the NFC East is that losing in the preseason isn't that big of a deal. However, losing your starting quarterback 20 minutes before the game kicks off is a big deal and that's exactly what happened to the Eagles. Here are a few nuggets from Thursday's game. sent to the hospital. Just minutes before the game, the Eagles announced that Hurts wouldn't be playing due to a non-COVID related illne s. As it turns out, Hurts ended up going to the hospital due to a stomach illne s. Despite the hospitalization, the Eagles expect him to be just fine. You can read more details . Hurts' absence proves why he should be the starter. If we learned one thing about the Eagles quarterback situation in Thursday's game, it's that Hurts is definitely Philly's best option at QB. CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora says that Hurts' case to be the starter was strengthened by his absence and you (With Hurts out, and combined to go 15 of 27 for 81 yards with one interception each). vs. still not settled. The ongoing QB battle between Jones and Newton has suddenly turned into one of the more intriguing training camp competitions in the NFL. If the Patriots had to pick a starter after Thursday's game, it wouldn't be easy and that's because both quarterbacks were equally impre sive. Newton was nearly perfect, going 8 of 9 for 103 yards and a TD while Jones was also good, going 13 of 19 for 146 yards (He was even better than his numbers suggested because several of those incompletions were drops). At the beginning of training camp, Belichick said Newton and I don't think Jones has done enough to pa s him on the depth chart yet. If Jones plays against the next week and shines, he might be able to win the job, but if I had to gue s now, I'd say that Newton is going to be the Week 1 starter.Patriots kicking situation takes an interesting turn. ended the season as the Patriots kicker last year, but he hasn't yet kicked this preseason due to an injury. With Folk out, rookie was having a great training camp, but he definitely hurt his chances of winning the job with an ugly performance on Thursday. Not only did Nordin mi s two extra points, but he also mi sed a 36-yard field goal. The good news for Nordin is that Bill Belichick did cut him some slack after the game (Belichick is not exactly Bol Bol Jersey known for cutting anyone any slack ever). The Patriots coach pointed out that both the holder and snapper have to do their job before Nordin can do his. This seemed like Belichick's way of putting some blame on long snapper Brian Khoury. New England's normal long snap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных пользователей