Photo

Chiefs Skyy Moore has earned trust of Patrick Mahomes still a ton of room to climb entering second season

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ymakerpi8d

ymakerpi8d

Ah! I advance

• Soldier
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Last year, there were high hopes for wide receiver . Drafted toward the end of the second round, the Chiefs had a lot invested in Moore compared with the rest of the team's remade wide receiver room, which also included and , among others.Moore's contributions in his first season were fairly muted, though. He caught 22 of 33 pa ses thrown his way for just 250 yards, and played only 29% of the team's offensive snaps. Charles Oakley Jersey Moore caught five pa ses for 17 yards during Kansas City's run, including a four-yard touchdown on a beautifully-designed play in the victory over the .Coming into Year 2, the depth chart around Moore is actually a bit more crowded despite Smith-Schuster's departure. Kansas City acquired last season, signed another former wideout in , and also drafted this year.Still, the second-year receiver apparently stood Jose Calderon Jersey out during the offseason program. "Skyy was one of the higher-targeted receivers," Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said during minicamp,. "He had close to the most catches. I think he's taking a good jump. The quarterback trusts him. There's still a ton of room to climb. He's so willing, though." KC WR Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Jersey #24 TAR33REC22REC YDs250REC TD0FL3 As for Moore himself, he insists that he made an effort to gain said quarterback's trust. "Coming into Year 2, I definitely have the hang of everything, just knowing the playbook, what Patrick Mahomes likes, coach Reid likes," Moore said earlier in June. "I knew what I needed to improve on. I found that out early in the season last year. I've been waiting for a long time because I knew Marc Gasol Jersey what to correct. "I just want to show Mahomes , 'If you look this way, you won't be mad.' I'm going to be a reliable weapon for him."That effort appears to have been Tracy McGrady Jersey succe sful. "Skyy is a great player, and I think you could see it at the end of last year, how he was picking the (plays) up and making big plays," Mahomes said. "That just transitioned right into this offseason . He's someone that's going to be called upon more, kind of in that same role that probably JuJu Smith-Schuster was in. He can also go over the top and make plays happen."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных пользователей